Share with us your experience of being in the news – either being reported about, sharing a news report or just enjoying a good, impactful story that affected you and your community! Get creative with your entries!
All submitted photos must be in jpg format accompanied by a caption of not more than 100 words in a Word document providing the context and background to your photo, and mention you favourite news outlet/s you get your news from, e.g. online news sites, apps, social media platforms, newspapers, television or radio. Remember to include the following information in Word document:
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Social media handles / links on FB, Instagram and Twitter (where available)
This contest is open to young people between the age of 12 and 30. Winners will need to meet all eligibility requirements, including proof of age, in order to receive their prizes.
Terms and Conditions
- The Participant agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the My News, My Story Photo Competition.
- The Participants warrants that the entry/s submitted are his/her original work/s and agrees that any and all intellectual property rights residing in the submitted works shall vest in the Organisers of the World News Day Photo Competition for their sole use and benefit.
- Participants may submit as many entries as they wish but only those sent in accordance with the above instructions and criteria will be eligible for judging.
- All submitted photos must be in jpg format and accompanied by a Word document containing a caption of not more than 100 words which includes the required information above. The Participant further undertakes to indemnify the Organisers against any loss or damages it may incur should the use of the submitted works constitute infringements of any third-party rights.
- Eligible entries will be displayed on the World News Day website and social media channels and accompanied only by the Participant’s name, age and country.
- The Participant further agrees to ensure his/her own personal safety as well as that of others and not put anyone, including oneself, at risk in the course of capturing these images. The World Editors Forum and National Youth Achievement Award Council are not responsible or liable for any damage or potential health/safety hazards arising from the activity undertaken for this submission.
How to submit your entries
Send your entries via wetransfer.com to email@example.com by 10 September 2019, 5PM SIN/HK.